Subject: To NFPs Save-the-date: Joint ECDC-WHO meeting on pandemic preparedness planning, Rome 3-4 December 2024
From: "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ECDC Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2024 11:37:54 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Colleagues,

We are writing to inform you that ECDC and WHO Regional Office for Europe 
will be organising a meeting on pandemic preparedness planning in the 
EU/EEA, to take place on the premises of the Italian Istituto Superiore di 
Sanita on the 3-4 December 2024.

Formal invitations will be coming in due course. Invitations will be coming 
through ECDC, who will invite 1 National Focal Point for Viral Respiratory 
Disease (or their nominee) per country. Alternatively, should the NFP not be 
available, someone with expertise on pandemic influenza preparedness can be 
nominated to attend.

By the time of this meeting, it will have been nearly 4 years since the 
onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. During this time, many lessons have been 
learned that can be harnessed to inform revisions of national pandemic 
preparedness plans. In addition, the health security governance landscape, 
both within the EU and globally, has changed significantly during this time.

It is thus timely to convene a meeting focused on pandemic preparedness 
planning meeting. The objectives are to update countries on recent 
international and national developments, to enable exchange of country 
experiences and practices related to pandemic preparedness, and to identify 
further areas for cross-border collaboration, with a focus on respiratory 
viruses.

Kind regards,

ECDC and WHO Regional Office for Europe

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.